Interview Sample on David Essel Alive XM 168
Who doesn’t want to be a calm and happy mom? But the reality is when you are juggling household responsibilities, a career, finances, relationships, kids, social events, school activities, and more that calmness can melt into a full blow tantrum. It’s not easy striking a balance between meeting the endless needs of others and finding the much-needed time for yourself to replenish your reserves. When should you say ‘yes’ and when should you say ‘no’? How is it possible to let go of guilt? How can you stop feeling selfish when you do take time for yourself? April will explore all this and more.
April will share with your listeners her simple techniques for better self-care for moms and her practical “Ride the Wave” strategy so anyone can get off the emotional roller coaster, stop yelling and create peace at home in just 90 seconds.
Suggested Interview Questions:
- What are some of the typical traps moms fall into when they have children which cause them to lose focus and feel overwhelmed?
- Did you ever experience them and what happened?
- Isn’t a good mom supposed to sacrifice (or set aside) their needs to serve their kids?
- How would a mom know if she has crossed the line over from service into sacrifice?
- What are a few things she could do to put herself back on the priority list?
- Your book is called Ride the Wave, what does that mean?
- What does the acronym S.T.O.P. mean? How did you come up with it?
- It your book you suggest that someone can create peace in their home in just 90 seconds. Is that really true?
- Final thought…what is the most important thing someone could do today?
- How can someone get started today?
When April O’Leary, Certified Life Coach, Founder of the University of Moms and mother of 3, talks about the importance of finding time for self-care and practical ways to stop yelling she speaks from experience. As a former elementary school teacher turned at-home mother, April watched in dismay as her typically happy and carefree personality withered into oblivion and she didn’t know why. After struggling with frustration, anger and resentment for years April learned the secret to getting out! Author of Ride the Wave: Journey to Peaceful Living, April shares her struggles openly and honestly and reveals the secret to lasting calm at-home. Her practical and effective solutions to transform chaos into calm for today’s busy mom have been taught virtually to moms all over the world. April lives in southwest Florida with her husband and 3 girls.
April O’Leary, B.A. Ed. is a Certified Master Life Coach, author and Founder of the University of Moms and mother of 3. She enjoys helping busy moms build stronger, more peaceful relationships at home through personal coaching and virtual courses. As a formerly frustrated mother, April developed a system through trial and error in her home to diffuse conflict, chaos and anger in just 90 seconds which she shares in her first book Ride the Wave: Journey to Peaceful Living. April is also the co-author of Focus on You: Your Needs Matter Too a 6 lesson home study course which teaches you how to alleviate guilt in taking care of yourself and find a reasonable way to put yourself and your needs back on the priority list, even while taking care of your children. April spends most of her time working with private clients, speaking to groups, volunteering at her children’s school and enjoying her family. She currently resides in southwest Florida and enjoys lots of sunny days year round.
2 Free Gifts for Your Listeners:
1) 4 Lesson Video e-course “Find Time for You and Be Happier Too” at UofMoms.com
2) Chapter 1 of her book Ride the Wave: Journey to Peaceful Living available at AprilOleary.com.
Sample Newsletter Highlights or Facebook Posts:
Now that you have kids, do you wonder what happened to me-time? April O’Leary, founder of the University of Moms is going to talk to us about that! And get her free video course called “Find Time for You and Be Happier Too!” You’ll love her tips and strategies to put yourself back on the priority list guilt-free. http://www.uofmoms.com.
Whether you are working inside or outside of the home, being a mom and having personal time seem can seem to be on two opposite ends of the spectrum. But when we lose ourselves in this role frustration, anger and ultimately resentment can seep in. In this free 4 lesson video course you’ll learn how to find time for you and be happier too by making some simple changes to your thoughts and routines. Sign up now at http://www.uofmoms.com.